An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the usa in 2017, relating to a Pew Research Center analysis for the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical those who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this can include immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning surviving in the usa, accounting for just two% for the U.S. Hispanic population in 2017. Since 2000, the population that is colombian-origin increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million throughout the period. As well, the Colombian foreign-born populace residing in the U.S. expanded by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017. In contrast, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin team, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, associated with Hispanic population in 2017.
Colombian-origin population into the U.S., 2000-2017
|Year||international born||U.S. born|
Pew Analysis Center
The following key points compare demographic and financial faculties associated with the population that is colombian-origin the U.S. using the faculties of U.S. Hispanics while the U.S. populace overall. It really is according to Pew analysis Center tabulations regarding the 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points include:
- Among Hispanics into the U.S., about 33% are foreign created, in contrast to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians have been around in the U.S. for over two decades, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the least a bachelorвЂ™s level, weighed against 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians ages 25 and older, the U.S. born tend to be more most most likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelorвЂ™s level or maybe more (42% vs. 30%).
- Among U.S. Hispanics, the median yearly personal profits for many many years 16 and older had been $25,000, compared to $28,600 for Colombians.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round workers, U.S. Hispanics received lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) resembles the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians within the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The population that is colombian focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The age that is median of Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) additionally the U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less inclined to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians ages 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be married compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery into the year ahead of the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian ladies had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older speak just English in the home or speak English at the least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, since are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the info
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s reality sheets on U.S. Latinos and the associated we blog post examine the Latino populace regarding the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographical, demographic and financial traits for all Latinos as well as for each Latino origin team. These are generally centered on Pew analysis Center tabulations of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 American Community Survey (ACS) as well as the 2000 U.S. census that is decennial.
The ACS may be the biggest home study in the us, with an example of greater than 3 million details. find It covers the subjects previously covered into the long as a type of the decennial census. The ACS is made to offer estimates for the size and traits associated with the resident population, which include individuals located in households and team quarters. To get more information regarding the ACS, such as the sampling strategy and linked error, start to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 United states Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The particular information sources of these reality sheets will be the 1% types of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 American Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS) supplied by the University of Minnesota while the 5% test regarding the 2000 decennial census. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, towards the level feasible, to information gathered because of the decennial census and the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To find out more about IPUMS, including adjustable meaning and sampling mistake, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
As a result of variations in the real method by which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and designate poverty status, information supplied on these topics might change from information which can be supplied by the Census Bureau.